The Wayne County Community Foundation is a non-profit foundation whose primary goal is to build a charitable reserve of funds for the current and future needs of Wayne County.
The Foundation uses grant resources to support a wide variety of community organizations, empowering them where possible to thrive, grow and become self-sustaining.
In consideration of grant applications the Grant Committee and Board may give preference to the following:
- The program that meets the greatest community need and assists the largest number of individuals
- The applicant agency has not received a recent grant award
- The applicant has submitted a quality proposal describing a specific need
- The Foundation has funds available.
The Wayne County Community Foundation awards grants quarterly to non-profit agencies located in Wayne County that sustain and advance access to the arts, literacy, culture, community development, education, the environment, and health and human services.
In response to changing times, the Foundation may at any time redefine its areas of interest, designate new areas of focus, or address specific emergency needs of our communities and its citizens.
Prospective applicants are asked to review this website, especially the report of the last 5-years of grant awards, for information concerning this topic. You may of course call the Foundation office or email questions at email@example.com or call 251-9993.
Eligible Agencies: Organizations meeting the following description may apply for a grant:
- Non-profit charitable organizations exempt from federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Non- Profit agencies who serve the people of Wayne County
- Non-Profit organizations registered with the Pa. Bureau of Charitable Organizations